Friday, October 17, 2008

My Life 1

I knew there was some small room outside a big Villa seems to be a small garage house used for parking cars that owner of the villa belongs. The villa was surrounded by a big garden coupled with greenery where I used to play crawling here and there. I have gray glimpse of those days where Mom me and Daddy resides in that garage like house. Later on the life I came to know the owner of that Villa was nobody else but the principle of a well-known school of Ahmedabad C.N. Vidhyalay. I’ll tell you something more on the later part of this story about the same. I still remind of a boy with whom I used to play games and perhaps was a son of a washer man whose shop was just on the outer side of the villa. It was on the right corner of the villa and the villa was the last villa of the raw in that community. I do not remember more about the games that I used to play except a tricycle and we used the outside toilet of the villa as our bathroom too.

While going deeper in the past, I recollect some gray memories of kite flying days on a terrace of a Villa. Daddy used to catch kites flying in the air after it was cut in a match. Daddy caught many and hand over it to me. I used to jump up with joy while receiving more kites and used to make “Laccha” with the thread attached to the kite. It was a big gift from daddy. I do not remember more about mummy in those days. Later on I came to know that this villa I am talking about was owned by grandfather and was only residential property for the whole family and there lived at least 5 families in it. After the death of my grandfather in village, uncles of my daddy and their family lived there in this villa for some years.

One day money or property dispute irrupt up between brothers, my daddy and uncle and resulted in a decision to sell off the property and money so received to be distributed in between. My mother was not ready to leave it up and asked my maternal grand father to do something in the matter. He later on agreed to purchase the villa at market price from the family and hand it over to mom. But destiny has decided something else. Uncle and aunty strongly opposed to it and ultimately sold out to an outside party and the money so received were divided. All family got separated with happy memories of the past and sad facts of the present then. All other family purchases their own house and one or two resides there till today.

After the break out of the families, Mom and daddy with me, for someday shifted to a nearby small garage like room of that villa. The villa was owned by Mrs. Chandrakantaben who was principle of C. N. Vidhyalay, middle education section. My father’s uncle, Sakarchand bhai was Teacher of the same school in high school section. Our whole family studied there in C.N. only because Sakarchand bhai was teacher there. In those days master’s job was a commanding one. Sakarchand was the first boy in the village who left the village for education. My grandfather, big brother of Sakarchand ran a shop in the village and was respected as a rich person. He was a very practical man in the village. He asked Sakarchand to go to the city and study there. Ahmedabad was a nearby big city and Sakarchand came to Ahmedabad to learn more. The family followed Jain principles and hence it was first priority to reside where Jain Principles are followed. Therefore C.N. was the first priority having its own hostel for students coming from villages to study there. The hostel ran strictly on Jain principle and Sakarchand completed his study there and after his graduation he joined C.N. as a teacher. Due to long relation of Sakarchand with C.N., everybody knew the Sakarchand family and hence all family members of Sakarchand were admitted into C.N. for study from time to time. My father, uncles, aunty all studied there in C.N. and resided there in Hostel while studding in C.N. The Staff were all very familiar with family members and this was the reason why we first reached that villa owned by Mrs. Chandrakantaben after break up of the family.

No comments: